Memorial Day weekend is here where we celebrate our freedoms brought to us through the sacrifices made by the men and women throughout the military. We do this through our own sacrifices made by eating too many BBQ’d meals, going on vacations and hanging out around the occasional parade.
It is also the time of the year when people will get their first sunburn of the summer. If you forgot the suntan lotion and have one of the following in your home.
1. Undiluted apple cider vinegar to sunburn.
2. Mix 10 ounces Non-fat Dry Milk, 2 tablespoons salt and 25 ounces water. Saturate cloth and apply to sunburn 20 minutes. -A milk bath of sorts
3. Mayonnaise as a skin cream to sunburn.
4. Peanut oil to sun-burned areas.
5. Thin slices of cold cucumbers, apples, or potato directly to the skin.
6. Cold, plain yogurt, then rinse with cool water.
7. Cold, used black tea bags to sun-burned eyelids to relieve pain and swelling.
Want to make your own sunscreen? You will need Olive or Almond Oil, BeesWax and Zinc Oxide, plus a tube to put it into. Find the step by step instructions at Ehow.com
Memorial Day Weekend is a common place to eat to much potato salad, watermelons, burgers and hot dogs and it gives you one big stomachache!
Home remedies for stomach-aches:
- Drink plenty of water to help with the digestive process
- Relax - Lay down and let your body do what it needs to do without you stressing out
- Walk - A little exercise can help after a big meal with blood circulation
- Snack on Caraway seeds after a meal to reduce gas and help with digestion
- Cinnamon helps with the digestive system as well - perfect for a little tea
- Sometimes Mint can calm an upset stomach
- Baking soda antacid - Mix 1/2 teaspoon baking soda in 1/2 glass water
- Snack on some bland crackers, bread or a banana
- Add fiber by chopping on an apple
- Ginger tea or Ginger ale may sooth a stomachache
Photos via flickr/cc
kirinqueen and Marshall Astor - Food Pornographer