Occasionally I have come across leftover items at the dumpster or as I'm tossing out the trash and wondered if there was another possible use for that item. Here are some ideas:
- Toy rattle: Drop in a few beans or rice and secure the lid permanently (we don't want choking hazards)
- Tiny first aid kits: Small paper with ICE info,Band-Aids, Bee-Stinger Remover,Antiseptic Wipes, etc
- Stamp dispenser: Buy a roll of forever stamps and cut a slit in the side to pull them out.
- Condiments container: Perfect for ketchup, salad dressing, salt/pepper at work
- Napkin rings: Remove the lid, cut out the bottom and decorate to taste
- Paint storage: Handy for small touch up jobs instead of carrying around the bigger paint can.
- Organizing and Saving: Keep pantyhose inside (mark the outside with style/color), grocery bags and extra extension cords
- Kid Projects: Binoculars for kids and napkin rings
- Start something: Fire, seeds
- Sand Bottles: fill 20ounce and 2 litter bottle, tie twine around neck of bottle and hold down the fort
- Funnel (use top third of bottle)
- Spray bottle: A spray pump fits nicely on a 20 ounce soda bottle
- Coin bank
--Other Tips Found Around the Web--
Save money on return address labels: Cut your address out of everything sent to you and save in an envelope. When you need to mail out, tape your address on the upper left hand side and you have an instant return address label that didn't cost you anything.
A Top-to-Bottom Guide to Saving Money Around Your House: Saving money can be as simple as making a few small changes at home. This info-graphic shows you easy, convenient ways to save up to $8,800 a year, without ever feeling the pinch of a restrictive budget.
Why I prefer the cheapest, sleaziest hotels- Jeff Yeager never fails to make me laugh and still help me appreciate my tightwad-i-ness.
3 things you should never say to a debt collector - These 3 facts are always good reminders when we aren't stressing during a collection call.
Another Walletpop article on a couple commonly-held retail myths that are lately being proven false- Which is cheaper, Target or Walmart? The answer may surprise you
18 Unique Wallets and Money Clips