Every now and then I like to see what people are looking for that brings them to this site. I hope to bring a solution to the problems if the searchers should look again. In the meantime, enjoy!

Q1 Creative things to do with dust bunnies? – I haven’t found anything pertaining to dust bunnies in particular, but I did find some nice tips on what do with lint.

Make artwork from the lint -Mix 1/2 cup of flour with 1 cup of Sta-Flo liquid starch, then add to dryer lint as needed to form shapes on a piece of plywood. Continue adding various shapes and colors, mixing with the Sta-Flo recipe as needed for the right texture. Allow to dry thoroughly, spray with sealer
Fire kindling in the winter or save a bag full to use outside to get the grill going
* Homemade lint paper and clay - (planetpals)
* Draft reduction – cram the lint in holes by your windows and doors
* Use as filler for pillows, blankets, etc

Q2 Can you give me hair tips how my hair can be as long as the Spanish? - This is a good question. I assume that long, strong hair is essential to many, no matter what country they come from. Unless you are already follicularly challenged, here are some starters to getting long hair.

* Patience - hair grows at 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per month
* Keep your hair trimmed- broken ends will leave your hair weak
* Get circulation to your head by massaging it regularly
* Eat right – Food rich with vitamin A (dairy products, fish, spinach, apricots), vitamin B (meat, fish, bananas, leafy green veggies), vitamin C (citrus, melon, tomatoes and potatoes) and vitamin E (nuts, broccoli, whole grains)
* Relax- stress causes a loss of hair beyond the usual amount you drop in a day.

Q3 I’m burned out on frugal living, what can I do? - Don’t I know how you feel. Sometimes it just stinks having to see advertising for things that you want and can’t get. Impatience doesn’t get you very far, unless you are in a hurry to get to bankruptcy court.
Frugal living is a lifelong journey and that means we all have good days and bad, but we keep in mind why we do it - for a certain end goal that is unique and inspiring to each of us.

So this is how I do it, when I get burned out on this frugal thing, I take a week off and try not to be hard on myself. But, I also tell myself come the next week I’m back on the bandwagon and I’m going to go at it with all I can. Over time it will become second nature and you won’t feel as burned out because it will be a part of who you are.

Q4 What herbs will rid you of debt? - I know people go to herbs for a lot of different things health wise, but this one stumped me. After some searching I found a few ways you could attack this.

* Small oranges or kumquats hung around your home, threaded with cloves is “a way to draw money to yourself, fast.” (note: Please don’t sue me if this doesn’t happen, as I have no oranges hanging that would give me any money to pay you.)

* If you just need a specific amount of money for one venture or debt, write the figure in the wax of a green candle with a quartz crystal. Anoint the candle with vegetable or cinnamon oil and roll it in basil. Light the candle, meditate on the need, and let it burn out completely, putting it in a safe place (like a bathtub) if it will be left unattended.


* Create a money tree. Hang pieces of paper naming your current bills (food, rent, entertainment, insurance, whatever) on the different branches,and anoint each branch with ginger.

It actually sounds like you may just need a moment to de-stress - so here are a few herbs that would help with that:
Chamomile or Peppermint
For tight shoulders, use Valerian, which will also help with occasional insomnia.
Feverfew and Willow bark will help with tension headaches and stress-related migraines


Once the stress is gone it is time to take a look at why you have debt and figure out how you can stop creating more and get rid of what you have. In that case you may want to start with these 5 motivations for debt reduction or read these articles on debt.

1 Comments

  1. Karen // Monday, November 08, 2010 8:45:00 AM  

    Had to laugh a little, as I read about oranges making me money, I looked to the right and saw an ad for "The Orange Savings Account"......Ironic?